This week on the Podcast
Your game needs graphics, well yeah, go figure! But what happens if you’re no digital Picasso and what style do you choose for your game?
We tell you where to buy graphic packs for games and some art styles to choose from.
In this episode, we chat about ensuring the art direction of your game matches the mood and feel correctly. Where to buy graphic packs for games online if you’re looking to purchase game assets including characters, backgrounds UI/ IX packs.
What are the 4 most tried and tested art styles that consistently get featured by Apple in “New Game We Love” and why if you choose one of these, you’re more likely to get noticed.
If you’re looking to thinking outside the box when it comes to outsourcing and where to go if you’re looking for a game artist or animator freelancer.
Regardless if it’s a one-off commission or perhaps you’re looking to take on a full-time game artist, finding someone to create ongoing bespoke art can be tricky. We discuss your options and provide some awesome links to get started right away.
Tips on Where to Buy Graphic Packs for Games
- Why you must be in love with whatever style you choose.
- Look at the Appstore for Trends and Featured Games.
- Voxel, Flat, Polygon and Pixel are the 4 pillars of style.
- Look for art packs that are big enough for your project.
- See if you can easily modify packs yourself to extend the value.
- Learn basic digital art skills to save you money.
- Visit Behance.net and dribbble.com to source artists.
- Match art style with the theme and mood of your game.
- Be consistent throughout your game in the overall style.
- Graphics need to be high quality, period.
Links to Resources mentioned in this Episode
Enjoying the Podcast? Why not Subscribe…
If you enjoyed today’s show, it would go a long way if you hit that Subscribe button in your favourite podcast player, it’s a great way to support the show.
Why not listen while browsing the site or when you’re out and about. You can see More Episodes of Season 1 of the Podcast Here.
Be awesome and leave us a shiny ★★★★★ on Apple Podcasts.