In this episode, we compiled our Top 10 ways to add Surprise and Wonder moments into your games to create emotional reactions from your players.
We all want our players to fall in love with our games, but what elements are you actually creating within your game to delight them? Are you making them smile? Are you making them jump out of their skin? Are you creating instances of “Wow?”.
Here’s our Top 10 key elements you can think about implementing to really hook them in and secure your games icon stays front and centre on their devices.
Highlights, Quick Wins & Takeaways:
1. Scale of Environment.
2. Secret places / Bonus Levels.
3. Unexpected Rewards / End of level celebrations.
4. Special and or Secret Characters or Worlds.
5. Change in Game Mechanics.
6. Invoking Emotions including – Panic / Joy / Anticipation / Excitement.
7. Adding the Wow Factor – Creating Awe and adding Character Reactions.
8. Change in Music and Sounds ( Atmosphere ).
9. Introducing Power ups / Bonus Coins or Levels.
10. Unlocking Achievements.
Links mentioned in this Episode:
Thank you so much for listening! You’re Awesome 🙂
We truly do appreciate you taking time out of your day to listen and hope you got some value.
If you enjoyed today’s show, it would go such along way if you hit that Subscribe button and also Share via your favourite social networks. You can use any of the buttons you see on this page.
We’d also be forever grateful if you’d consider sparing just a quick minute to Leave us an Honest Rating & Review in iTunes.
We always read each and every one personally and it always makes our day!
Thanks so much, Kevin & Jilly.