With just a few precious seconds to grab players attention, your screenshots need to pack a punch and convince them to hit that get button. As the old adage goes, “A picture is worth a thousand words” and for your App Store screenshots, this is most certainly true.
This week we discuss how to create enticing, informative and exciting screenshots so you can master the art of how to fully show off your games potential. Our Top 10 best practices for designing your killer visuals will guide you through all the do’s and don’ts when it comes to creating App Store screenshots.
Whether it’s including Marketing Strap lines, highlighting key aspects and features or even creating a mini tutorial, our Top 10 Tips and Tricks for creating awesome App Store screenshots will boost your conversion rates and get you more people downloading your fresh new mobile game.
Highlights, Quick Wins & Takeaways:
1. Always show off the most exciting parts of your games
Think Action Shots, Explosions, Movement “Swooshes”.
2. Include Characters if you have them.
3. Add banners to explain to benefits and features.
( 3 to 5 Words is usually best, keep it short n snappy )
( Think about translation + professional services ( Gengo & Onesky ) )
4. Consider using a story or tutorial sequence to explain the gameplay
5. Add variety, make sure all your screenshots are different
6. Use all 10 screenshot space now available in the Apple App Store.
7. Don’t use stretched images.
8. Avoid including UI screens unless they’re interesting or look really cool.
9. Remove Banners and Status bars.
10. Ensure you Check for Typo’s and Grammar.
Thank you so much for listening! You’re Awesome 🙂
We truly do appreciate you taking time out of your day to listen and hope you got some value.
If you enjoyed today’s show, it would go such along way if you hit that Subscribe button and also Share via your favourite social networks. You can use any of the buttons you see on this page.
We’d also be forever grateful if you’d consider sparing just a quick minute to Leave us an Honest Rating & Review in iTunes.
We always read each and every one personally and it always makes our day!
Thanks so much, Kevin & Jilly.