Naming your game can be super tricky! Coming up with that all encompassing killer title can waste hours and have you scratching your head trying to settle on that perfect branding.
This episode covers the importance of coming up with a name that truly reflects the nature and tone of your game. Your game title should completely set your potential players expectations before they even download it, and how a mismatch here can lead to disappointment. Using some online tools to aid in your research along with some things to consider for ASO purposes.
Highlights, Quick Wins & Takeaways:
- Your game name should match the theme and tone of the gameplay
- Start with the motion, goals or mechanics of your game
- 2 Word “Rhyming” titles are usually best for “Fun / Silly / Arcade” games
- Misspelling or adding punctuation marks can get you close if your name has been taken
- Use online Thesaurus sites like WordHippo.com for ideas and inspiration
- Reserve your name inside iTunesConnect to ensure you’ve secured it
Thank you so much for listening! You’re Awesome 🙂
We truly do appreciate you taking time out of your day to listen and hope you got some value.
If you enjoyed today’s show, it would go such along way if you hit that Subscribe button and also Share via your favourite social networks. You can use any of the buttons you see on this page.
We’d also be forever grateful if you’d consider sparing just a quick minute to Leave us an Honest Rating & Review in iTunes.
We always read each and every one personally and it always makes our day!
Thanks so much, Kevin & Jilly.